Tokyo , Japan
• As one of the founders of Tokyo International Consulting K.K. (“TIC”) Harry has advised more than 350 global financial institutions regarding local regulatory matters and risk management. Previously he set up and led Regulatory Advisory practice of KPMG in Japan Prior to his private sector career, upon graduating from University of Tokyo with a degree in Law, Harry had an illustrious record at Bank of Japan. He has served as Japan’s official member in various working groups at the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, IOSCO and has worked in an advisory capacity for the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry in Japan. Currently he performs senior advisory roles with London Stock Exchange Group, Coinfirm Ltd. and other global IT vendors. He is also a Board Member at AXA Holdings Japan. While at Bank of Japan, Harry was seconded to Harvard Business School where he completed the MBA programme (1995). Harry is based in Tokyo and will support the TradeAssets franchise in this very important market.
• Amit has spent over twenty years in the financial world. An engineer, starting with a brief stint in the power industry, Amit then worked with the American Express travel division in Nepal, American Express Bank in India, then as the Bank’s Nepal Representative, followed by Standard Chartered Bank Nepal. In 2011, Amit moved to SCB Singapore where he was Executive Director, covering the ASEAN markets in correspondent banking and project finance. Amit is presently based in Kathmandu, Nepal as a consultant for financial institutions and an investor in Agri- business, Telecom, Media and Technology companies. His extensive experience and connectivity, especially with financial institutions in frontier markets including Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei
• Vivek was most recently with Standard Chartered Bank, where he was Regional Head of Loan Syndicate & Distribution for MIddle East, North Africa and Pakistan (based in Dubai).
• With over 20 years of experience across Relationship Management, Trade Origination & Distribution and Loan Capital Markets, Vivek is well-connected with institutions in GCC, Europe & Asia.
• He holds a Masters degree in Statistics & a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management.
• Mr. Nelson Batubara has been in the banking sphere from 1988 till 2012. After retiring from banking, Pak Nelson has been involved in training, corporate financial management and life insurance.
• During his banking years, he had significant stints in leadership positions within Bank Niaga, Rabobank Indonesia and Standard Chartered Bank dealing with Credit Management and Commodities Trade Finance. Pak Nelson is an engineer by training.
Sydney , Australia
• Anubha is a seasoned banker with 20 years of experience, most recently as head of Deutsche Bank’s Trade Finance and Lending division in Australia & NZ. Prior to this, Anubha managed Deutsche Bank’s Transaction Banking for North India for six years and before that, led Scotia Bank’s FI business in India from 2003 to 2006 after starting her career at State Bank of India. Anubha was also the Honorary Secretary of ICC Banking Commission in Australia till 2019.
Istanbul , Turkey
• Sebnem has extensive knowledge and experience in commodities, logistics, international trade finance, Islamic finance and international supply chain, having worked with multinationals in Turkey and in the Middle East and the Dubai Government before moving back to her home country as a Consultant. Sebnem will be an important member of our global sales team; helping us establish our brand in key markets like Turkey..
Africa , Europe
• Aly is a career banker with 22+ years of diversified experience. A French and Senegalese national; he started his career with Credit Lyonnais in Paris, then moved to Banque Belgolaise where he was looking at financial institutions located in sub Saharan Africa. Then Aly held various positions in FIMBank Malta, the latest being Chief Banking Officer. Finally, he moved to MFC Bank Malta where he helped the bank develop its trade finance strategy.
• Lloyd was the former Head of Corporate Banking at Stanbic IBTC Bank A Chevening alumnus and seasoned professional with over 22 years’ experience in the financial services industry in areas of corporate and investment banking, project finance, Trade solutions, private equity, financial control, credit/risk analysis, evaluation and management. Lloyd has negotiated complex deals and structured solutions in all major sectors of the economy and is conversant with local and international team dynamics having been part of global solutions team in Standard Bank.
UAE , Malaysia
• Stephen recently completed a 40 year career, which commenced in London with Midland Bank (now HSBC), followed by American Express Bank in Bahrain, Jakarta, New York, Singapore, Seoul, and Cairo. In the late 1990s he ran Standard Chartered’s Corporate Banking business for the Gulf out of Dubai and was subsequently General Manager for National Bank of Oman in Muscat, after which he came back to Dubai to head the Corporate Banking business of Commercial Bank of Dubai for 12 years.
UK , Scandinavia
• Eric is a financial services professional who began his career at Lloyds Banking Group, where he worked for 9 years in London and Europe across a number of front office and business management roles.
• He is a specialist in market and credit risk, having covered European corporates in an FX and commodity sales capacity. Eric is from Sweden and will be helping us with client acquisition in Europe, with an initial focus on Skandinavian countries.
• Manoj is an accomplished banker having worked for highly reputed financial institutions in different geographies. He held senior positions in Trade Finance, Credit, Operations, Business Development areas of various banks like Arab Bank, Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait, National Bank of Umm Al Qaiwain, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank in UAE and India.
• He was responsible for relationship for large corporate relationships and credit assessment.
• Manoj has Bachelors Degrees in Maths, Law & Banking and an MBA in Financial Services.
Toronto , Canada
• Somer is a career banker with extensive market experience in India and the Middle East.
• He was most recently CEO of Kotak Mahindra Financial Services, Dubai, prior to which he held senior roles in India with Kotak Mahindra International, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Standard Chartered and ANZ Grindlays.
• Shabu is Global Support Executive. He is a Trade Finance Product Specialist and has twenty-five years of experience in Trade Products process management, international payments, cash management, and branch operations. He is also an experienced Business Expert in Core Banking Implementation and Business Process Re-engineering Projects on behalf of the National Bank of Fujairah, the Commercial Bank of Dubai, and SAMBA Financial Group.
• Shabu holds a Masters Degree in Commerce and a Certified Documentary Credit Specialist.
• Nizar is a well-known Islamic Trade Finance expert with over 30 years of experience.
• He was head of transaction banking at Emirates Islamic bank and worked in senior roles in Al Hilal, Noor, DIB, ADIB, ENBD and Public Bank Bhd In Malaysia.
• He is an ExCo member of the ICC Banking Commission.
• Nizar will give us his valuable guidance on all Islamic topics and initiatives and help with business development in this very important segment of the industry.
Uk , Africa
• Nigel is based in London and has been a banker for over three decades, covering institutional cash and trade for African markets in the last 20 years.
• He has worked with Barclays, Citibank and was my colleague at Deutsche Bank.
• He will help us get into select Sub- Sahara Africa markets using his extensive connections. years.
• RAJAT MITTAL has joined us as Advisor to the Board. He is CEO of Commercial Bank of Djibouti.
• An MBA and a qualified Chartered Accountant, trained at a big 4 audit firm, he is an accomplished finance professional with experience in banking, Mergers & Acquisitions, Business restructuring, Business Process reengineering and Investor Relations.
• Rajat previously worked for National Bank Of Kuwait, United Arab Bank and Emirates NBD bank.
• AJIT NAIR has joined us as Advisor to the Board.
• Ajit is a qualified Chartered Accountant and banker for over Three decades in India with ABN Amro, American Express Bank and Standard Chartered.
• Ajit will be based in Bangalore and will support TradeAssets with fund raising, new product initiatives and client acquisition.
Boston , USA
• Chitro Neogy is based in Boston, he was most recently the Director of Product Management at a Pharma-IT company called Virmedica. Earlier, he was a Digital Strategist at Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA. He has served in technology leadership roles in Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, State Street Bank, Strategic Solutions Group, Netscape/AOL, Alere and others. Chitro is also an avid entrepreneur; cofounder in Virsec Systems, Acadia Edge Group, and Bengalcommerce.com, the largest e- gifting portal for a target NRI market. Chitro holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, a M.S. in Robotics from the University of Cincinnati and an MBA from MIT's Sloan School of Management.
• Abdelhadi has three decades of experience in banking. He was most recently global head of transaction banking at Gulf International Bank in Bahrain. Prior to that he worked in similar senior positions in Bank Aljazira, Attijariwafa Bank, BNP Paribas and ABN Amro Bank. Abdelhadi is presently based in Morocco.
• He has extensive contacts across the region and will assist us with business development in the North African/Maghreb countries to start with.
Mumbai , India
• Niraj is a banker with over 30 years of experience. He was Executive Director & Global Head of Trade Products for Financial Institutions in Standard Chartered Bank, based in Singapore. Prior to this, Niraj was with American Express Bank, India for 16 years where, in his last assignment, he was Director, FI Product Management and Marketing Support. He also worked with State Bank of India for 9 years in Corporate and International Banking. Niraj is based in Mumbai
•ZIA is a very seasoned international banker with four decades of experience with global financial institutions such as British Bank of Middle East, Saudi British Bank, Saudi Hollandi Bank, ABN-AMRO Bank and Bank Aljazira. Presently based in Canada, Zia’s last position was with Bank Aljazira in the capacity of Head of Financial Institutions Group & Public Sector, responsible for correspondent banks worldwide and Public Sector Companies in Saudi Arabia.
• Pavel is a Secretary to the Banking Commission of ICC Czech Republic and is an international trade finance consultant and lecturer, with distinguished credentials, after having worked for a number of local and international banks.
•Salah is based in Riyadh and we are very happy to have his support to market TradeAssets in Saudi Arabia to start with. He has many years of experience in senior banking positions, most recently with Saudi Investment Bank. We had some excellent meetings recently in Riyadh with Saudi banks.
•Sekhar, a banking and finance professional, has overthree decades of experience in the Middle East, having spent mostof the time in the United Arab Emirates with National Bank ofFujairah. Apart from his role as a Board Committee member at NBF, Sekhar is presently engaged with three different technology firms mostly in the role of Strategic Advisor. In this role, Sekhar provides the necessary domain expertise to support the technical and process professionals to fulfill clients’ needs and requirements covering solution identification, process improvements, consulting across operational, credit, finance and risk management areas. With his hands-on experience in directly managing technology in his previous engagement, Sekhar brings in the required balance between technical and operational areas with a firm handle on customer oriented business solutions
Nigeria , India
• Akeem is a highly experienced professional. He is currently Chief Executive Officer at Marble Capital Ltd with a demonstrated history of working in the financial services industry. Skilled in Capital Markets, Corporate & Investment Banking, Private Equity, Leadership, Strategic Planning, and Funding. A strong business development professional with The Oxford Advanced Management and Leadership Programme focused in Business Administration and Management, from the University of Oxford.
Pakistan , Turkey
•Tanvir is an accomplished banker having worked for highly reputed financial institutions in different geographies. He held senior positions in the Financial Institutions dept of various banks like Habib Bank AG Zurich, Al Hilal Bank, Mashreq Bank. He was responsible for relationship with banks in UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Lebanon, Syria, South Africa, Turkey, Europe, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South America. He was Executive Director at DMCC Free zone Dubai covering Pakistan and Turkish banks. Tanvir is a graduate FROM Wartburg College and has an MBA in International Business
• Ravi has had an active banking career in Sri Lanka for more than 4 decades during which time, he worked in senior positions for banks like Deutsche, Bakers Trust Co, UBME, Hatton National Bank. Apart from managing various bank relationships, Ravi was also responsible for marketing Cash Management and Trade Finance products to the Sri Lankan banks. Ravi was previously
• President, Chartered Institute of Bankers, London-Colombo Centre
• Treasurer- Association of Professional Bankers-Sri Lanka
• Secretary- Sri Lanka Forex Association
• Member-Trade Finance Association of Banks-Sri Lanka
• Hilmi, Principal/Director – Masryef Management House.
• Hilmi Hithir has MBA (Islamic Banking & Finance) from the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) and a Bachelor of Commerce and Management from Lincoln University of New Zealand. With over 15 years working experience with CIMB, Development Bank of Malaysia, Al Rajhi Bank and MUFG Bank and working experience in Singapore and Saudi Arabia, he specializes in project finance, syndication and Islamic banking.
• Khairil, Principal/Director – Masryef Management House.
• Khairil has been an international banker for over 27 years, where the past 18 years has been in Islamic Finance. Over the course of his career as a banker, Khairil has had a significant exposure and experience across a multitude of area including wholesale banking, trade finance, debt and capital market, asset management, retail banking, cash management, banking operation, system implementation and product management to name a few.